Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Gigantic Domino

I see you, standing in front of that gigantic domino piece with a large number of similar pieces arranged in series one behind another.

The 12th grade student, offered a choice of Engineering and Medicine. Or something else so that, avan Chartered Accountant aakum or IAS ezhuthum. Status. Money. Our son should climb the ladder. Entha that Led Zeppelin song. Stairway to Heaven.

A beautiful woman wanting to try out a new dress and then putting it back into the wardrobe. Malayali culture-inu pattiyathalla. The inability to walk somewhere public because of the commenting and hooting that ensues. And the stares. See, she's wearing it. She must be okay with the commenting and hooting. She deserves it. We must protect our malayali culture at all cost. She deserves it.

The software consultant, who intelligently uses his salary to pay up loans, with which he bought land. Land is safe. The price value of land will appreciate as time passes. Enniku sixty cent undu. Ninnako? I love MS-Excel. I am a part of the Indian software boom. You don't know Excel? I will teach you.

I am a teenager/pre-adult and I love you the moment I saw you. No, I do not need to know you. I do not need to know the person you are. I will declare my love towards you and then we can get to know each other. Well you are a charakk and you need to be loved. Dating and all, western concept. Dating will result in babies. We do not want that. It has to be a charakk. It has to be love.

I am a parent and I know my daughter's preference. I can search those matrimonial sites and get her a groom. Nobody needs to teach me anything about that. See, I am giving her a choice. I am giving her four photos and she can pick one. If she doesn't like them, I 'll give her four more photos. Pinne, jataka porutham venam. Another caste. My friend allowed. I went to their wedding. Myself, I do not know. Religion is an absolute no.

Marriage should be early. Don't wait too much. Males become sterile after thirty. Females after twenty seven. The earlier the better. Multiplication becomes easier, if it is early.

Communism is about creating traffic jams. Gandhi said if you have to change this country, you should create traffic jams. That's why we are marching up and down for the citizen's benefit. All those rocks hurled and water cannons fired and glasses broken will result in a better country.

Audi. Rolls Royce. Yamaha R1. I have money. I earned it and therefore I can flaunt it. I do not care if anybody stereotypes me. What contrast are you talking about? The beggar on the roadside. Well he should have gone to a private school, studied and made something out of his life. But you are right. I will flip him a five rupee coin. Hmm. Thank you for pointing it out. Now I feel happy. I'll flip a fiver every time I see a beggar. Inner peace.

I do not believe in that broom party. This is India, you know. Everything stays put here. And therefore nobody trying to even act a bit differently should be given a chance. The seat should be reserved for the moustache decorated, paan chewing, white shirt and mundu/dhoti wearing sixty year old with a large belly.

Of course, religion is the start and end of it. Nobody should cross that line. Nobody should say anything insensitive against any community. Humans can come later. Questioning can come later. Talking can come later. Let's raise our swords for our religion and cut off heads. The scriptures demand it.

Let's start teaching them how to be proper from school itself. Let them grow with playtoys and ayahs only. Let's ban the word SEX. Sexu. ayye. Sexu. Chee Chee. God will teach them or their moral science teacher. Let's avoid anything that is uncomfortable. Sex. Rape. Adolescence. We'll teach them mathematics. Of course, I need to raise my land from sixty cents to one acre. For the kids. They can learn everything else from that fat ammachi shakeela or her foreign versions. But never forget to shhh when they ask embarrassing questions. They'll grow up coveting the you-cannot-see-or-speak-about-apple. Sexu. Let the society also teach them quotation and kolavili. That money and power, no eagle can fly over. It's a hard world out there. They need it.

I see you standing in front of that gigantic domino, bringing your index finger towards it even if you are doing it with a lot of hesitation. To push it down. To start the chain. And in you, lies our salvation.


No comments: