Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Thesis on Lurve.

It was night.I was holed up inside one of those AC buses,about to leave Trivandrum..I casually glanced across the one way glass.I could see my dad at some distance.He was fidgeting with his phone.And,my eyes darted beyond him and random thoughts started inflicting my mind.
Not random actually,it was more about this curious phenomena called 'love' which have made the newer generations go really hormonal.And,when you are nineteen turning twenty,have had three relationships(well,to be honest,the first one was hugely whacked apart when the girl gave my first ever love letter to her mom and the mom decided I was a very cute baby.heartbreaking.And the second one,after going on for like three years and then drifting off,the girl comes and tells me..dude, you were my little bro.really very annoying.) and being surrounded by whackos who have whacky relationships,this was something that I could actually sit and think about.
So, roughly my thoughts went on like this.
"
The love market is thriving,these days.You see those frills and hearts everywhere.'Men are from Mars,Women are from Venus' is a run away hit.And,my hometown is littered with love smitten butterflies,who complain about the lack of meeting places in Trivandrum.Hmm..This is amply illustrated by the fact that these days,when you visit the museum,you have to be careful around the bushes.Don't go too near them.seriously.

And,these days the kids start even earlier.When I was in school,a couple of my friends,once caught this kid in junior class.He had written this love letter to some other girl in class.Now,we would have still been like "kids-these-days...",hadn't all the other girls in class turned in letters,written by our young romeo.All my friends could do was look at each other and start recounting the glory days of their childhood gender wars.I mean seriously I know it's the generation gap speaking.
But,I believe that kids should try the merry-go-round first and then fall in love.It would seriously ruin the merry-go-round experience,if they fall in love first.

And,these days it's love polygons that's in the vogue.You ain't cool until you are in something where you lose count as to who loves who :p.A loves B,B loves C,C loves A,D love B's big bro,C loves A's dad....very annoying.Why can't people keep it simple?.Such Drama.

Not to mention all those who sit silently and bear the antics of their lurve,even though some of them come close to torture in the name of,well,love.Well,no comments.
I understand in love you have to give up stuff and some part of your independence.But,then seriously,if the moron on the other side take it for granted,ah well.

But,somebody once told me,all this hullabaloo is quite justified.That's why it's called love.There's a hundred and one shitty ways of making crap out of yourself,when you go after that love thing and then there's one right way,which nobody knows exactly(And yet they don't freaking shut up talking about it,do they?like this blog for instance.).So,much for that.

Come to think of it,I guess the reader,just like me,won't have the faintest idea as to how one half of the world falls for the other half.It would have been much more convenient if everybody could have sex as they please(that does not include incest, by the way.),without going into something which for half the time is a pain in the ass for everybody.We are disasters in this messy business.

All said and done,even the reader would agree it's sometimes awesome fun,plunging in and out of love.Going into depression and then coming out of it,when you see another gorgeous babe or hot guy walking in the distance.And,with some rotten luck,some pest of a guy or girl will get stuck up with you for the rest of your roller coaster life.It did be cool."

The bus started,my father stopped fiddling with his phone and finally called me.He had waited for nearly an hour outside.He had earlier,proclaimed that he would go only when the bus started.He wanted to make sure I was alright.Now,usually I would have started on how I was twenty years old etc.But,that time,I did not.I could see that he was sad about me leaving Trivandrum.He missed me.And,I remembered,this was the same look that he had on his face,when during my childhood,he dropped me at school.

Love eh?

After,all the analysis people sit and do on it,it still manages to truly astound you.

No comments: